Advantage Funding – headquartered in Lake Success, NY – has been assisting commercial transportation and vocational truck companies grow since 1997. Our company started small and through hard work, experienced extensive growth year after year steadily adding customers and employees. Today at Advantage we have more than 60 employees and sales representatives positioned nationwide. Our customers range from one-vehicle businesses to companies with large fleets. Despite our rapid growth, we continue to stay true to our original vision: providing flexible financial solutions, delivering timely service, and building long-term customer relationships.
At Advantage Funding, we’re committed to being the best at what we do—helping our clients develop, fund and maintain their vehicle and fleet acquisition strategies. We strive to provide the best financing value in the commercial vehicles industry while building lasting relationships with those we serve. We take care of our employees, and offer competitive salary, comprehensive health and dental plans, and vacation policy. We have catered lunch every Friday and an onsite gym for our employees.
Click the job titles below to view job descriptions.
Send resumes to Anne DeGruttola: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The duties of a Collector include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Collections Department.
- Support skip tracing functions to secure additional customer contact avenues.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with dealers and sales.
- Ideal for forward thinking, inquisitive, self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic looking to join a company that provides a good opportunity for growth
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Monthly Delinquency notices
- Processing monthly credit memos and the appropriate reporting
- High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers
- Manage customers on the shutdown report
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to dealers and sales
- Internal and External customer interface
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- 3-5 years high volume commercial collections experience ideally in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Ideally strong prior use of automated collection systems and MS Office including advanced use of Excel.
- Role in Lake Success area of LI, local candidates only – no relocation.
Our reputable financial services company located in the Long Island area is looking to bring on board a tech savvy, detail oriented Staff Accountant. This role will be a key member of the Finance team and have the opportunity to support the strategy for optimizing our firm’s business operations. This position will be responsible for monthly financial results, reporting, analysis, as well as month-end reconciliations, along with special ad hoc accounting projects.
The staff accountant’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare financial reports and provide detailed analytics
- Consolidate various entities and perform elimination/intercompany journal entries.
- Assist with various account reconciliations
- Assist in month end journals and closing procedures
- Help out in preparations of various sections of the management packages
- Assist in quarterly reclass entries and financial submissions to required institutions
- Review key accounts such as Inventory, Receivables and Borrowings
- Identify inefficiencies and suggest/implement efficiencies, automation and improvements
- Assist in various parent reporting schedules and help with the report automation
- Help out with various tax amortization/depreciation schedules
- Assist with various quarterly State Tax returns
- Review, verify and enter invoices and check requests into GL
- Coordinate and assist in various special projects and other clerical functions as requested by management
- Ability to perform in high intensity fast paced growth organization.
- Three to five years accounting experience preferred.
- Multi-tasking and self-motivator preferred.
- Strong technological skills, especially in Excel (pivot tables, lookup functions, macros)
- MAS-90/SAGE and PeopleSoft experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent
Risk Analyst - Corporate and Asset Finance – Long Island, NY
Macquarie Group Limited is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services. Its global operations include offices in the world’s major financial centers.
Its Leasing and lending arm, Macquarie Corporate and Asset Finance (CAF) provides innovative and traditional capital, finance and related services to clients operating in selected international markets. CAF is one of the largest independent providers of operating lease finance in the Asia-Pacific region, as well as having significant operations in Europe and North America. CAF has approximately 900 staff engaged in leasing and asset finance / lending activities in diverse asset classes across various locations through Australia, Asia, Europe, and North America.
In order to ensure effective decision making across the globe and a consistent approach to the way CAF accepts risk, CAF Risk has established a regional management framework combined with an overlay of key sectoral expertise.
CAF Risk is hiring a Risk Analyst to support its US businesses, with a primary initial focus on the fast growing Long Island based business unit, Advantage Funding.
This risk and business analytics function is responsible for portfolio and market analytics, interpretations and assessments. This information will be utilized by stakeholders in the setting of risk strategy across the small ticket account lifecycle, from sales and marketing, through underwriting and collections to loss recovery and customer retention, with the aim of optimizing risk and reward. This function is performed through close engagement with stakeholders across the business and following a data driven and commercial approach to policy formulation. Analysis involves quantitative and qualitative review of internal and external application and performance data, current and expected market conditions, and competitor and business strategy.
This role is crucial in assessing and developing the business data capture goals and providing analytical and reporting support to the business. This includes creating meaningful reports for use with partners within the business and for compliance and regulatory reporting purposes.
This role is an exceptional opportunity for a high energy and highly skilled analyst with material experience in portfolio analytics/assessment and financial/business modeling to join a fast growing company in a highly visible role. The candidate will play a critical and hands-on role in providing metric based performance analytics to be used by stakeholders to shape the business going forward.
- Providing analytics and assessments which are used to ensure new business and overall portfolio performance remains within credit risk appetite while supporting volume and returns targets
- Using data and analytics to support risk and business management in setting and updating of risk related policies, while maintaining a robust credit policy change framework and analytical tracking of the impact of changes
- Working closely with manual underwriting and collections teams and feeding insights into credit and collections policy refinements
- Supporting the management of the provisioning model, in conjunction with Finance, and producing credit risk forecasts for strategy planning. Providing data and input into Capital modelling and reporting.
- Ownership of risk reporting, including review, optimization and automation of existing reports to aid risk understanding, portfolio & origination channel monitoring, internal risk function effectiveness, regulatory compliance and business strategy development
- In support of risk review process, take full risk analytical responsibility for origination channels, including Broker, Vendor, Dealer and Direct channels. This includes determining and producing the required analytics needed to assist the business and/or risk oversight in setting risk appetite and pricing parameters and monitoring ongoing performance.
- In support of the business goals take full analytical responsibility for designing, developing and documenting complex business models, and develop analytical techniques and ways of presenting business data / information.
- In conjunction with stakeholders, create methodology and tools for identifying early warning signs of changes in application quality, market conditions, competitive positioning and develop subsequent strategies to optimize risk performance proactively, as well as minimize loss severity reactively.
- In conjunction with stakeholders, defining and developing appropriate models for various areas of the business, which may include marketing response, application decisioning, collections, customer retention or provisioning, as well as ensuring required ongoing monitoring and validation is performed.
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of regulatory requirements related to credit risk, money laundering and model building in all relevant jurisdictions.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience within an analytical credit risk function, with some policy formulation exposure
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree qualification in a quantitative and problem solving discipline with strong academic performance
- Experience must be in a high volume, small ticket, fast turnaround lending environment with exposure to indirect channels such as brokers, dealers, vendors, white label partners or other partners. However, experience can be in unsecured or secured lending, and may be with commercial or consumer customers.
- An understanding of asset finance solutions for vendor, dealer and broker partners is desirable
- Solid analytical, statistical, and quantitative problem solving background, working with account level data and large datasets. A deep understanding of data manipulation and modelling techniques, with hands on experience building business and risk models. Exposure to risk strategy design, testing and implementation.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with using analytics platforms and decision systems.
- Strong knowledge of Excel with VBA and a good working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Access or other SQL package. Experience with SAS or R is not required but will be useful.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with senior stakeholders within a matrix environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively tailor communications to a diverse range of business and technical stakeholder groups.
- Availability to work flexible hours to cater to interactions with stakeholders in different time zones.
- A hard-working, hands-on flexible attitude and the desire to succeed in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment with a highly metric focused perspective.
Senior Credit Analyst
Advantage Funding is a specialist commercial vehicle financier based in New York with national sales coverage. The business has been established for nearly 20 years and was acquired by Macquarie Group (ASX listed) in 2015. The business continues on a path of sustainable growth within chosen markets.
We are presently seeking a Credit Analyst to be key member of the credit team and will be relied upon to assess transactions in accordance with the credit policies of Advantage Funding and clearly communicate with all stakeholders.
Reporting to the Head of Credit at Advantage Funding the following are the key roles and responsibilities:
- Assess the relative merit of transactions and decision accordingly
- Active collaboration and engagement with origination teams and internal stakeholders, including senior management.
- Make credit decisions in accordance with Company credit policy
- Understand credit policies and ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Proven ability to assess credit on financing requests up to $1 million
- Excellent communication skills
- Perform in a high intensity fast paced growth business
- Three to five years credit experience; knowledge of the commercial vehicle industry is a plus
- Work well within a team environment
- Proactive, ability to multi-task and self-motivated
Sales Support Associate
Advantage Funding is seeking a temporary Sales Support Associate, with potential to become full-time permanent. The ideal candidate would be a recent graduate or entry-lever/early professional who is highly motivated and a good communicator.
The identified candidate would be provided with training on all aspects of our business and on an instruction to inside sales.
The role would entail:
- Identifying prospects by working prepared listings
- Calling prospective customers and identifying any interest in commercial vehicle financing
- Taking customer finance applications and inputting onto the internal database
- Relaying credit decisions to customer and closing approved transactions
- Working with existing sales representatives on mutual customers
- Achieving call and sales targets
- Maintaining systems accurately