Advantage Funding – headquartered in Lake Success, NY – has been assisting commercial transportation and vocational truck companies grow since 1997. Our company started small and through hard work, experienced extensive growth year after year steadily adding customers and employees. Today at Advantage we have more than 60 employees and sales representatives positioned nationwide. Our customers range from one-vehicle businesses to companies with large fleets. Despite our rapid growth, we continue to stay true to our original vision: providing flexible financial solutions, delivering timely service, and building long-term customer relationships.
At Advantage Funding, we’re committed to being the best at what we do—helping our clients develop, fund and maintain their vehicle and fleet acquisition strategies. We strive to provide the best financing value in the commercial vehicles industry while building lasting relationships with those we serve. We take care of our employees, and offer competitive salary, comprehensive health and dental plans, and vacation policy. We have catered lunch every Friday and an onsite gym for our employees.
Click the job titles below to view job descriptions.
Send resumes to Anne DeGruttola: email@example.com
Senior Staff Accountant
Responsible for supporting the activity of the Finance department including the integrity of the financial results of the company.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to Financial Reporting Manager
- Assist with the monthly accounting close and reporting process and oversight of account reconciliations.
- Support preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc financial reports.
- Participates and assists with operational accounting responsibilities including general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops, implements and/or documents accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes and formalizes them with written content
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-10 years accounting and financial analysis experience with some supervisory experience.
- Experience in financial services (specialty finance, leasing) industry a plus
- CPA certification and public accounting a plus
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- MAS 90 Experience, ability to support electronic transmission of data from banking systems to GL
- Advanced PC skills with knowledge of software and database systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects by using effective project management skills.
Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager
Presently seeking a Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager to hold a key role in the Finance team to drive Advantage Funding Management’s business forward. This role is ideal for someone who seeks to be part of a sustainable growth environment with a focus on supporting our internal customers, and provides a great balance of a fast-paced high growth business with support of a global financial services company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and publish monthly financial reporting, and liaise with our parent company’s finance function
- Support month-end and year-end close process, including review of reconciliations and journal entries
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Coordinate the preparation and completion of audited financial statements
- Advise senior management by providing value-adding analysis and support of new initiatives and strategic projects
- Develop, improve and document finance, accounting and operational processes and policies to improve efficiency in the business and reduce manual processes where possible
- Work closely with other functions to maintain rigorous internal controls across the business
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven working experience as a finance and accounting manager or junior financial controller
- Financial services background desired
- 10-15 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year end process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- “Can-do” approach with a problem solving mentality
- Experience in process improvement a plus
Sales Support Associate
Advantage Funding is seeking a Sales Support Associate. The ideal candidate would be a recent graduate or entry-level/early professional who is highly motivated and a good communicator.
The identified candidate would be provided with training on all aspects of our business and an introduction into inside sales.
The role would entail:
- Identifying prospects by working prepared listings
- Calling prospective customers and identifying any interest in commercial vehicle financing
- Taking customer finance applications and inputting onto the internal database
- Relaying credit decisions to customer and closing approved transactions
- Working with existing sales representatives on mutual customers
- Achieving call and sales targets
- Maintaining systems accurately